Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Light Shining Through

 

Sitting at my writing table penning thoughts

To paper, I’m caught in the act of my story.

Held up to the candle light looking through

The page from the back side of the story

Brings a moment of truth, whatever that is

As though there is some earthly authority

 

Neatly organized a set of facts and figures

That rationalize a point of view, mine

In defense of my existence that matters to

Only me as I stand before God answering

Questions before they are asked, leaving me

With the one leading question… Why?

 

Lost in logic finds the color where only poetry

Can express a feeling, rife with real meaning.

Only when holding the flame of the light

To the back side of the page to words not

Yet written will logic give up his ghost

To a mind, body, and soul; the resident host

 

To come to a realization that incomplete the

Cycle of questions and answers granting purpose

To waking moments, sunup to a sunset, giving birth

To new questions we contemplate under the stars

In moonlight coming through the window

The portal of my thoughts, cast to the universe

 

Thoughts from The Other Side of The Page






 



No comments: