Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Sapiens

 Sapiens

by Yuval Noah Harari


This nook is an entertaining attempt at describing our human race from beginning to end.  The auther uses his credentials to tell a story... many stories about us.  The Observer claims on the back of his book: "Harari is a master story teller and an entertainer".  I read that after reading 300 pages find argument it what I am reading.   I find places where Harari contradicts himself.  Many of the points he makes would buy him a black eye is raised at a cocktail party.     The story he tells is plausible enough to make one sound smart in a casual conversation at a dinner party.  So my advice says be carful using this book as a sole source.  The observers quote bought me comedic relief coming to grips with not all he says can be taken for gospel truth.  Hence the book is an entertaining worth while read.


More to come... I am marking this page for February and must make the first entry in February.

No comments: