Sunday, November 15, 2020

Phantom Lover

 Phantom Lover

 

A phantom entered the room where we were gathered

Me, myself, and I that made a foursome yet the stranger

Like lilies in a field t’was was a breath of fresh air.

Filling the room even further my children joined

Conversing on the ebb and flow of our daily lives

Conversation knitting a social bond, a sense of family

 

As the glasses are drained, the evening turns to night

We each say good night, I love you, and retire to chambers

Asking from my pillow What’s inside that expression of love?

Why is it I only hear those words from my children

Alone I gradually become aware the phantom followed me

 

She introduced herself, “hi I’m loneliness’ sister, lets chat”

“I’m your phantom lover where the mystery lay

Not in the word phantom but found in the word love”

“You do know your children love you, they said so”

“Yeah but as the patriarch of the family that comes

In the wake of tradition and graciousness for my charity”

But you my friend on the pillow please stop thinking

Start simply Being who you are as you are…breathe

 

Know that you are yourself by yourself and We are all

Connected not by rules of social norms but in our souls

There is no earthly bond, rather an unconditional love allowing

Us to be with each other doing nothing but Being with each other

Not common among men yet always witnessed by God

There is no heart, no mind, just connection at the Soul Bone

Facing each other is standing in front our own soul’s mirror

As I look at you and you look at me, we find each other

Phantoms inside bodies navigating the phenomena of life











 


No comments: